Sunday 30 March 2014

My Current Skincare Regime.

Hey guys!
So today's post is going to be about my current skin care regime or what is currently working for me when i have a bad face day! 
I suffer quite badly with rosacea and at least twice a month i get a bad flare up when my skin is sore, red and spotty so i try to take care of it and manage it in any way i can find that works for me.



I never used to bother taking off my makeup and i would always just use a baby wipe. Now i try to take good care of it and protect it from damage.



I am currently using the Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water to remove my face and eye makeup. I used to use the L'oreal version but i found that it just didn't last me all that long as you use quite a bit of product during a cleanse. So when i saw this one i thought i might as well give it a go as it was the same price but you get a lot more for your money. So far I'm not even half way through the bottle and I've used it every morning and night for around 3 weeks now. Usually I'd be on my second bottle of the L'oreal by that point. I don't really see a difference in them and i think it works just as well. I use this in the night to take off my makeup and then once in the morning to remove any residue that may still be on my face.


After I've removed my makeup i will then use the Mask of Magnaminty by Lush if I'm having a bad skin week. I tend to use this 2 times a month as i find it really settles down my skin and removes all of the crap! However, when i first got this i used it 2 or 3 times a week and i found it broke me out more. I think i must react to the peppermint after a while. But if i use it when i need to it's great. You can feel it tingling and attacking the areas as soon as you put it on and i love how fresh it makes your skin feel. The only bad thing about this is when you remove it, it's so gritty and leaves a not so pleasant mess in the sink! I have the 125g pot and i think that was around £5.


So if i don't need a face mask I'll go straight to the Clearasil Rapid Action Treatment Cream as this has the same effect as the mask but it doesn't break me out. *touch wood!*
I literally use a pea sized amount and i put this on the effected areas, or if i feel like a spot is appearing. I use this morning and before bed so that when i wake up the spot has usually decreased in size. The downside to this product is that it can't get rid of the redness or the spot mark. It says it can but it doesn't. I think this was about £6.99 which i found quite pricey. I don't know if i love it enough to repurchase it yet but it works for me at the moment.


After my spot treatment i use my under eye cream. I am currently using the Benefit It's Potent! eye cream that i got as a sample when i bought the Porefessional Primer. I actually love this stuff and i think that when I've finished it i will buy it as i do see that it blurs out my bags and smooths out the appearance of dark circles. I only use a tiny amount of this as it goes a long way and you don't want to put too much product on a thin layer of skin as it wont absorb it.


Depending on the time of day i will then use the N07 Protect & Perfect day or night cream. I got this for Christmas again in a sample size. I've used them both pretty much everyday and i haven't run out yet. I only use a pea sized amount and then rub it all in to my skin. I have such dry skin anyway but because of the Rosacea it makes it more dry around the red areas. Also with the cold weather my skin starts to feel chapped and flaky. I never used to moisturise before bed or in the morning but now i can't not! It's so important.


Now the last product i use can annoy certain people! I know for a fact I've upset the lady at Clinique because she didn't agree that i should be using Sudocrem on my face! Well who knows there skin better than anyone? You! So if something works for you why would you stop?
Sudocrem is my life saver! It even says it can be used on Acne. I put this on a bad break out before bed, i wake up 8 hours later and BAM! There is hardly a trace of a breakout.

No matter what anyone says to me i will continue to use this because i love it and it makes my skin feel at least half descent!

So that is basically all i do when I'm going to bed or if I'm flaring up with acne or rosacea. It may not work for everyone but it does for me... currently anyway!


What's your saviour products?

Ezzie xox












No comments:

Post a Comment