Wednesday 26 March 2014

Maybelline Colour Tattoo 24HR Review.

Hello there my lovelys!

Well i know i haven't posted daily yet but i said i would try! ;)
So today i wanted to do a sort of review slash my daily eye look...
I bought the Maybelline Colour Tattoo in Pink Gold about 6 months ago... maybe even longer than that and I've used it a few times but just didn't really know what to wear it with or how to wear it as most of my eye looks tend to be more neutral browns than pinks. That was until the Naked 3 came out and changed the game for me!


I wear this colour tattoo as an eyeshadow base or primer when I'm using the Naked 3 palette as it matches a few of the shades perfectly and it really helps the shadows last longer and stand out more. 

The base is a creamy consistency when you apply it and it has quite good pigmentation for such a light shade.  It dry's in about ten seconds and when it does it doesn't budge which is awesome!! 
The lasting power i would say is a good 10 hours maybe longer but i don't tend to wear my makeup longer than that. I just know that when i go to take my makeup off it's still there. It doesn't go patchy on me and it just looks lovely on the eyes. My eyes are brown so when i use it the gold flex bring out the gold tones in my eyes which i love! I would even wear this on it's own without the naked 3 on top and just blend a warm brown into the crease to make it warmer.

The Colour Tattoo's are very affordable and wont break the bank! They're about £4.99 in most places and I think they're comparable to the MAC Paint Pots but no where near the steep price tag! 


As it's spring I've decided to ditch the thick winged liner and I've just stuck to very fresh eye looks that make my eyes appear bigger and brighter. If i do wear eye liner i only line my water line and it's usually in brown as it looks softer and not so harsh or I'll smoke out brown liner on my lash line for a night look. 

The Naked 3 compliments this base so much that when you use any of the darker shades in the crease for some depth, it just looks really put together and like you tried hard when actually it took about a minute or two! Don't worry if you can't afford the Naked 3 tho! You don't need high end products to get the same effect. You can totally re create this with either the colour tattoo and any brown eyeshadow or you can mix your eye shadows to make a rose gold by using a pink and a gold together with a light brown. 



This simple eye look also makes your lashes stand out a lot as you're eyes look more awake and the attention is being brought to them. 
For a complete makeup look i use Rockateur boxed blush by benefit to carry on the rose gold theme and either a nude gloss or a colour close to my natural lip colour. 
Spring makeup is all about looking fresh and natural and i think the over done looks are just best saved for clubbing or darker seasons.

I hope you guys enjoyed! 


What are your favourite looks for spring?
Ezzie xox



No comments:

Post a Comment