Wednesday 8 January 2014

FOTD

Hey guys!

So today's post is going to be a FOTD (face of the day)... I'm always intrigued to see what other people are wearing, this has been my go to look since Christmas. I hope you enjoy!

The first thing I do is use my Nivea hydrating primer, I just dot a pea sized amount on the four parts of my face. I've got dry skin normally but this week it's been especially dry so this is perfect as it lets my foundation glide on flawlessly without it clinging to dry patches.

Then I take some of my Nars sheer glow foundation in Mont Blanc onto a real techniques expert face brush and dot my foundation around my face. I then blend all the foundation on my face in circular motions and stippling movements to make sure that there are no brush marks on my face. This foundation is so lovely! It's very light coverage but buildable. With one layer it looks like what my skin would look like without the redness. I then add a tiny bit more to the areas that need more coverage.


Next I get my Maybelline Age Rewind concealer and I just place this under my eyes, bridge of my nose, chin and cupids bow so that when it's blended I get a nice natural highlight. Then I contour using my Sleek contour and blush kit... Dusting the rose gold blush on the apples of my cheeks and the gorgeous shimmer to my cheekbones. Then blend everything out with a clean brush so there are no harsh lines. I then dab my MAC Mineralised Skin Finish Natural in medium around my tzone. i never sweep my powder as it moves all the product around and i only need it on my tzone so i don't use much anyway.

Now onto the eyes... I prime my eyelids using my MAC Pro longwear Paint Pot in Utterly Becoming and take my Urban Decay Naked Basics palette and sweep Foxy across my eyelid, I then take the shade Naked 2 into my crease to just warm the look up and create some dimension. I blend this out until I get the desired effect and add Venus to my brow bone and tear duct as a highlight. I go over my eyebrows with Faint from the palette and use my Maybelline BrowDrama in dark brown to set my brows. 
Next I take my Collection 2000 24 hour extreme felt tip liner in black and draw my winged liner and apply my Rimmel pencil liner on my water line. For my mascara I have been using the L'oreal Telescopic Explosion mascara in black first as it covers all my lashes in product and gives me volume and to brush it all out so it's not clumpy I take L'oreal Telescopic Clean Definition mascara and add this to my top and lower lashes. The combination of the two together and in that order is incredible. My lashes look fake! I got both of these from TJ MAXX if you're looking for them, otherwise Amazon or Ebay sell them.

Once all my makeup is applied I then set my face with MAC fix+ and add my lip colour which is Snob by Mac and I absolutely love this lipstick. It's a very cool toned pinky lilac coloured lipstick.


What's your daily face?


Ezzie xox
.



No comments:

Post a Comment