Wednesday 16 October 2013

Review: L'oreal New Nude Magique Eau De Teint Foundation.

Hey guys,

So today is going to be a small post as I'm planning to write more this week.
I am going to be reviewing for you the new L'oreal 'nude magique eau de teint' foundation.

I had been looking forward to trying this for months after seeing so many of my favourite American you tubers raving about it. 
So when I popped into superdrug and saw it there for only £6.99 I thought I may as well give it a go. Buy here



Let's start of firstly with appearance. I actually quite like the bottle as it's not the same as every other foundation bottle. It's a screw cap bottle top and there isn't a pump to apply the product. You have to shake the bottle and then use your finger to apply it to the skin... I tried it this way and it was just so time consuming so my method of applying it is first shaking the product (lid on of course) then pouring my desired amount on to a damp beauty blender / make up sponge and dabbing it on all sections of the face before blending which i found more effective.


As soon as you blend the foundation it turns into a lightweight powdery feel and it gives a light coverage. I have really red skin and I get quite spotty so I prefer a more buildable and fuller coverage foundation but for days where I'm not doing anything or just fancy a light weight feel I now use this.

I know it's not going to be everyone's cup of tea as it's light and a pain to apply but it is exactly what it says on the bottle. It does feel lighter than water! 
The wear time in my opinion was to be expected. It doesn't last much longer than 5 hours without needing to re apply. I find that I don't need to powder my oily areas for quite a while when wearing this so that's a plus. 
I also found that when not shaken well, it tends to oxidise a lot which confused me as I had the lightest colour and ended up looking a bit tangoed! 

Overall I'm not exactly calling this my new favourite or holy grail foundation, but it is good for days when I just don't care about a full coverage look.
I would probably give this foundation a 5/10 as I do like it but it has more cons than pros. If I didn't like it then It would of been a 4/10. I don't think it's worth the full retail value of £9.99  especially as it's only 20ml and most foundations are 30ml. I'm glad I got it for £6.99! I think the only way I would re purchase this is if it was on offer.

I hope you enjoyed this post :)

Ezzie xox


No comments:

Post a Comment