Thursday 31 October 2013

Happy Halloween!


BOO!

Just a quick post today to show you a few Halloween ideas! Halloween is my favourite time of year! I love being creative and making myself look scary or different. I had lots of fun creating these looks and I wish I could go out dressed like this! But I'd look mental! 


I love the sugar skull or 'dia de muertos' look. I find it so creative and pretty yet spooky. They're not exactly perfect but I'm pleased with how they turned out for my first attempts. 


This look is my favourite! I love being scary on Halloween! I love the blood, the gore! Anything that alters your appearance. I went for two looks here. One was a zombie very fresh looking and decaying skin and the other a prettier makeup look and as if my skin was torn off around my mouth. I used PVA glue and tissue paper to create the wounds as i didn't want to buy liquid latex. It works just as well and i didn't mind putting it on my own skin but i would ask for other people's permission before you apply it to them. It takes slightly longer to dry and can be a pain to work with but the effect comes out just as good. 


My sister wanted to be Jigsaw from Saw but she didn't want to be a scary version so i tried to make it as pretty as possible. It's a very simple look to create and still manages to look spooky.

And finally Barbie! I bought this blonde wig from Asda and every time i tried to create a look i just looked odd as my eyebrows are so dark. So my sister was the perfect model. I just used classic barbie pinks and purples for the eyes, blush and i used viva glam Nikki for the lips. 


I'm sad Halloween is over but I'm pretty sure I'll be making more looks throughout the year! Now i know what I'm doing I'll invest in the proper theatrical makeup but i was on a budget and the cheap stuff does fine when you're playing around.

Hope you enjoyed this post!

Ezzie xox

No comments:

Post a Comment