Monday 30 September 2013

September Favourites

Hi guys!

So today's post is going to be my September favourites. I tried my best to use different products up that I haven't been a fan of just to use them up or to see if I changed my mind and I have on a few!

The foundation that I've been using for the majority of this month is the Rimmel wake me up foundation in 103 true ivory. 
At first I really didn't get on well with this product, as after two attempts of trying to see what all the fuss was about I noticed that it was a very light coverage and it started to separate during the day which I was not thrilled about. 
So I decided to give it a fair chance as most bloggers and Youtubers love this foundation.
I discovered that i really liked it. It is a light weight foundation, with a medium coverage but it is buildable if you wanted more full coverage. It has tiny flecks of glitter in the foundation which gives a lovely natural glow. However I am quite oily so I have to use powder throughout the day. To stay matte around my nose and chin. It doesn't break me out and it feels really fresh and awakening which is good as it says anti fatigue effect on the bottle. It still seperates around my hair line so i do have to touch up places but for a highsteet foundation its not bad at all.
Rimmel Wake me up foundation £8.99| Buy here
Maybelline concealer £7.99| Buy here

My next favourite of the month is the Maybelline eraser eye concealer. After being so hooked on my MAC concealer I decided to give my skin a rest as it is very thick and long lasting. This concealer is one if my favourite high street concealers as it is really light and creamy, it blends nicely, it has great coverage and it makes my under eyes feel really awake and fresh.
It is a sponge applicator which isn't great for hygiene reasons but I love the way it feels under my eyes when I apply it and you have to turn the top so it clicks to get the product out. I love this a lot and I recommend it highly even though I'm only 22 and have no need for anti ageing products yet.


Sleek contour and blush kit £9.99| Buy here
I love my sleek contour, blush and highlight kit. The bronzer is very pigmented and quite dark so it's perfect to create a strong contour. The highlighter is a gorgeous cool, gold shimmer tone and it looks like a natural highlight instead of glitter stuck to your face. I do love the blusher a lot, however, my only problem with the blusher is that it's very shimmery and I prefer more matte blushers as I feel that with the highlight it is too much and the shimmer attracts light to blemishes. It's an excellent bargain for £9.99 and you can get it from superdrug or the online sleek store.

Benefit they're real £19.50| Buy here
I purchased Benefit's they're real! Mascara in June this year for my birthday and I have only used it on special occasions as it's so expensive to use as an everyday mascara. However, I got to the point when I was just not using it at all and i asked myself "why would I pay all that money to just let it sit there and look pretty?" So I made an effort to use it this month. 
I have loved this since I bought it as with only one coat it separates lashes and makes them look so long. It is an amazing mascara and I love it. The only bad thing is that it takes a while to remove but it's also a good thing as it means it will last all day. This mascara is £19.50 and you can buy it from any Benefit counter Benefit online.

My most loved and used high street eye shadow palette is the MUA undress me too palette.
It is a brilliant dupe for the Urban Decay Naked 2 palette and it is an absolute bargain at £4! 
MUA Undress me too £4| Buy here
I wish that there were more matte shades in the palette but I love it none the less. 
The shades from left to right are: 
Top row: Naked, Devotion, Shy, Fiery, Lavish and Dreamy.
Bottom row: Tranquil, Exposed, Reveal, Wink, Obsessed and Corrupt.
They are very pigmented eyeshadow and they blend well. 
However, they can be quite chalky and leave a bit of fall out but I really don't mind for the price.
Bourjois Paris Color Boost £7.99 Buy here
My favourite lip product of the month is the Bourjois Paris Color Boost lip crayon in the shade 04 peach on the beach.
It is a glossy finish lip stick, and it is extremely moisturising. I love the colour, I love the smell, I love the formula. I just love this a lot. I'm not a massive fan of lip sticks as I hate the smell and the finish but i will definitley be investing into some new lip crayons. It was quite expensive I think at £7.99 but as I love it I think it was worth it.

Finally my last favourite is the MUA pro brow kit. My last blog post was a review on this, so I won't say too much about it and I will leave a link below.

MUA Pro brow kit £3.50| Buy here Review
It is a very handy and cute eyebrow kit, the shadows are very pigmented, the tweezers are good for stray hairs, the brush was awful and I threw that away. The mirror is brilliant as it's a compact and brow kit in one so no need for an extra mirror and the price is amazing at £3.50!


I hope you enjoyed my September favourites! 

Ezzie xox

No comments:

Post a Comment