Tuesday 3 September 2013

August Favourites!

Hi everyone!

So today's post is going to be about my august favourites!
I don't really have a lot this month and there are only a few new additions to the last favourites review i made in June.
Anyway.. Lets get started!

First of all the product I've been loving is the Vaseline 'spray and go' moisturiser. This is by far the best moisturiser i have ever used as it is so quick and easy! Literally all you do is spray and rub and you're dry within seconds! I couldn't live without this I've been using it now for about 2 months and I've noticed a change in my skin on the particularly dry areas like around my elbows. It was £4.99 from boots and I love the smell.


Next is of course the L'oreal paris 3 in 1 micellar solution. I have been using this for about 3/4 months and I'm on my 3rd bottle. I have to use it two times a day. Once in the morning before makeup and once at night to remove it. It leaves my skin feeling so clean and fresh and it doesn't break me out. I stopped using it for 3 days last week and replaced it with a Nivea toner and Garnier cleanser and i broke out so much! My face was in pain! So i was glad to welcome this back and won't be trying anything different just yet. It used to be just £4.99 which i was quite iffy about spending but it's worth it to me! But now its usually on offer for around £2.50 ish or its in the 2 for £5 offers in superdrug which makes me more inclined to buy it. I love love love this!

Then my next love is the V05 heat protectant styling spray. Love this stuff so much. Use it all the time, really cheap and smells great!

At the end of July i popped into Home Bargains and i picked up the 'fast and fruity nail varnish remover' as it was only 89p and i wanted something i could keep in my travel makeup bag without all the hassle of a big bottle and cotton pads. This nail varnish remover is absolutely amazing for 89p! It removes the nail polish so fast and it leaves a peachy scent which I'm not obsessed with because i hate peaches but it's bearable for the price! Its basically a cheap dupe for the 'bourjois magic nail varnish remover'. All you do is screw off the lid and pop your finger in the sponge and twirl it around a bit until the varnish has removed and you're done! So good.

Next onto makeup products, I purchased the Benefit stay don't stray 15 hour primer at the end of June and every time I've used it I've hated it. It made my makeup cakey and separate! It really made me angry that i paid so much for a product i couldn't use. However, i gave it a second chance because of the hot weather we had this year i thought no makeup will be the same in heat. So i have used it for the whole of august and i really do like this now. I don't love it but it's the best primer i have. It makes my skin feel primed instead of most silicone based primers that make me feel greasy. Still don't think I'd re purchase it for £24.50 but I'm glad I'm getting my money's worth out of it now.

So this month i discovered the beauty of MAC products. I can't believe I've never tried them before but now i have i wont be going without! I purchased the MAC studio sculpt foundation in NW20. This is the best foundation I've ever used. I love full coverage foundation and this is just incredible coverage and you only need a small amount and it's still build able if you desire more. It was £25 and it's my first high end foundation and i love it so it was well worth the money! The next product from MAC was the MAC pro long wear concealer in NW20. It's so so so amazing! It stays put all day and it doesn't crease! It was £15.50 and they're both waterproof so that's awesome!

I have been wanting an urban decay palette for months and months so when i bought the Urban decay naked basics palette i was so excited! I love this so much. The shadows are so so so pigmented and they aren't chalky or loose so they don't leave powder all over your face when you use them. £20 is a bargain for a product i use every day and can't get enough of. The perfect neutral palette.

I have been on the look out for a good foundation brush for ages so i thought I'd try the real techniques expert face brush. I've heard so many good things about this brush and I have not been disappointed! For only £9.99 this brush is so worth it! I can't say a bad word about it. It's soft, it blends well, doesn't shed, looks nice.. I just love it :)

My favourite Mascara this month is the 'Rimmel lash accelerator endless mascara'. I love all Rimmel mascara's as they are affordable and really really good.

I then picked up 2 new products from Maybelline! I have been waiting for these for so long! The Maybelline Baby Lips in 'Cherry Me'... I love the baby lips so much! I only have one so far but everyone's gone wild for them at my local stores but when i see them i will pick the other 5 up as for £2.99 they are amazing and they smell so good. The colour pay off is slight but so wear able. They keep your lips so soft and hydrated and they just remind me of being little and thinking chap sticks where lip sticks.
I then picked up the Maybelline Fit me shine free foundation stick in the shade 120. I love this for days where i just want a light coverage foundation as it's so light on the skin, it's soft and it keeps you looking natural and shine free. It is a creamy foundation which turns to a powder when you apply it to the skin and it doesn't crumble or flake. It just gives a very flawless appearance to the skin and i think it was about £8.99.

The dork t-shirt is actually not a favourite it's just in the picture. I do love it though! £2 from primark in the sale! BARGAIN.

I hope you enjoyed my post!

Ezzie xox



No comments:

Post a Comment