Tuesday 30 July 2013

Small Collective July haul

Hey guys! 

So I know it's been a while since my last bog post but after my favourites I didn't really know what to write about and i hadn't really been shopping or anything... and I didn't see the point in faking it and just blabbing for the sake of it! 

Over this month I have bought a few products in drips and drabs so this post will be a collective haul.

I'm not going to do a July favourites because the products I'm loving haven't really changed this month. I have a few new things that i love but they will be mentioned below.






So as you all know the weather here in Britain has been extremely hot for once! I'm absolutely loving it but wearing makeup in the heat is horrible! It just slides off my face and I sweat too much and it's just gross! 
So I wanted a nice BB cream for light natural coverage on days when its just too hot and i can't really be bothered to apply a full face of makeup. I purchased the Maybelline dream pure BB 8 in 1 BB cream. Now anything that says they do 8 things in 1 usually means they do 8 things half hearted. That's my opinion anyway! 
This BB cream gives a nice light coverage and its extremely creamy and soft. It's quite thick when you put it on but you can blend it out. Over summer I've noticed my skin getting oilier so this one really doesn't last long on my face so i want to try the one for oily skin. I have also got a lot of redness on my skin and i feel that it does the job if i wanted a 'no makeup, makeup look' but i would add powder on top to set it because of my problem areas and maybe a bit of concealer for blemishes and dark circles. But over all it seems to be just okay for me. I got this in the shade light and it was £4.99. Superdrug had a 2 for £10 deal on Maybelline so i picked up the New York super stay 14 hour lipstick. I'm unsure on the shade but i think it was eternal rose. I really like this lipstick. Its a long lasting colour so it's like a lip stain and i know this is weird but i like the way it feels dry on my lips.. not like a lipstick that's going to bleed or get on your teeth so I'd recommend wearing a gloss with this if you hate dry lipsticks. I don't think it lasts 14 hours tho because i do have to reapply it. Not that i would wear lipstick for 14 hours anyway and this was £6.99.

On my Birthday I went to the benefit counter to spend some birthday money! As I've never owned anything from benefit i thought I'd try something. The woman at the counter recommended the new stay flawless 15 hour primer for me as i have dry skin but because of the current climate every time i use this primer my makeup becomes cakey and separates and i am actually beginning to hate the product. So i decided to try it again when the weather is cooler and give it a second chance. I will do an updated review when i have done so. But it was £24.50 so it's a lot to spend if you think you'll have the same problem as me. I want to try the porefessional primer because i feel like that would be better for me but i just can't afford to right now. While i was there i also purchased the benefits they're real mascara. I have used this mascara maybe 3/4 times because I find it really hard to take off and i don't want to ruin my lashes so i only use this when I'm going somewhere special but it is amazing and you only need a tiny amount and your lashes look so long! But i always build up my mascara so i use about 3/4 coats plus other mascara's if I'm going for a fake lash look. This was on offer in John Lewis at the time and it was £16. I think normally its £19.

Rimmel was 2 for £10 on selected items in boots this weekend so i thought I'd use my points as i needed a new lighter foundation for when i don't fake tan and I've used the lasting finish 25 hour foundation before and i love it. I don't know if it lasts 25 hours but it lasts me all day with only a few touch ups around the mouth and nose areas. It's a thick foundation and it's quite drying on the skin but I'm oily currently so it balances it out a bit. Although it says it's hydrating and a light weight feel.. I'm unsure if it feels that way. I definitely feel like I'm wearing makeup. It was £6.99 but i got it free and it was in the shade 200- light beige.
Then as it was 2 for £10 i bought the Rimmel lash accelerator endless in black. I needed a new every day mascara as i used to use the Rimmel glam eyes flirt and i loved that but my last tube went a bit funky so i decided to try this one as i had heard so many good things about it. I have to say i love this mascara It has a thin wand like the glam eyes and i feel like the brush is better because the brush ends are longer so the comb your lashes better. I only need one coat of this and my lashes look amazing and long. I love most Rimmel mascara's but this one so far is my favourite and It was £7.99.

Every time i go shopping i always look at the Barry M nail polishes. I love the colours but i have to say they take the piss to dry! And when they do they chip. So it's really annoying and a let down for such beautiful shades. They're a great price too but Maybelline's new range are the same price and they dry faster and you don't need as many coats. I feel that a lot of the Barry M nail polishes are quite sheer and you need about 4/5 coats. I picked up the new limited edition nail polish with the zebra top and the neon pink colour. Apparently its shade A. Which is a stupid name because they always have great names. But yeah. It's okay. Lovely colour once built up and dried but could be better. Only £3.99 for the limited edition colours and the gellys.

When i was in Cardiff this weekend i went to the Urban decay counter in debenhams and I let the girl do my eye makeup with the naked basics pallet. I don't own any urban decay products nor have i ever tried them but i thought £20 for a palette so highly praised was worth trying and i have only used it for 2 days but i love it! It's the perfect nude eye pallet. The colours are so so so pigmented and so easy to blend. I just love this and i can't wait to try more urban decay products.






The last three products i got where all skin care i suppose. I picked up the Vaseline spray and go moisturiser as i had seen this on Nicole Guerriero's you tube channel like 6 months ago and have been waiting for it to be realised in the UK ever since. I am really lazy when it comes to moisturising because i just feel sticky and i hate the time it takes to do. This is really easy and dries quickly. It smells great too so i love this and I'm so happy i found it. It was £4.99.
I've been using the St Moritz fake tanning mousse from home bargains for about 2 years now and i just felt like every time i applied it, it wouldn't last long and my legs were white and i just felt like i was becoming immune to the colour and it was bugging me. So I thought I'd try something new so i bought the L'oreal sublime bronzing mousse. It smelt really nice when I applied it... quite perfumey but in the morning i just smelt like any other fake tan and it gave me a headache. It took the same amount of time to dry and to be honest it didn't really last that long. About 2 days tops but I'm getting patchy already so if i had to choose a tan it would be the St Moritz mousse because its £2.99 and this one was £12.99 so for a £10 price difference and it does the same thing I'd rather get the cheaper one! 
I really wanted a new spray deodorant so i thought I'd try the Dove go fresh in grapefruit and lemongrass because i wanted something fresh for summer and I like Dove because i have sensitive skin.  It was £2.79 for the 250 ml on offer in Morrisons.


So that is everything i have purchased this month. I hope you enjoyed this post and i will try to post more frequently! 


Ezzie xox



No comments:

Post a Comment